Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I feel like I have a film over my eye, I do not know if it

Customer Question
is my contact or not...
I feel like I have a film over my eye, I do not know if it is my contact or not. I cant get it out I have tried everything, is there something I can do to make sure there is nothing stuck in my eye?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
3/1/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Before we begin.

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.

Do you understand those terms?

Customer:

yes

Dr. James :

Thank you.

Dr. James :

Do you have any eye pain?

Dr. James :

What have you tried specifically?

Customer:

no pain just irritation, i feel like there is something over my eye like a film or something. i have just tried to see if my contact is stuck because I do not feel it or see it and assumed it fell out.

Customer:

I have only put eye drops in and flushed my eye with water

Dr. James :

Did you sleep in your contacts?

Dr. James :

Is the vision blurry at the distance and up close?

Customer:

no i do not

Customer:

a little blurry with distance

Customer:

is it possible for a contact to break and for part of it to be stuck or part of it to attach to my eye?

Dr. James :

If you are certain that you have taken the contact lens out, then I recommend you continue to use artificial tears.

Dr. James :

It is possible for the contact to tear.

Dr. James :

but it would cause significant irritation and red eyes.

Dr. James :

It can also be stuck under the eyelid as well.

Dr. James :

An ophthalmologist should be able to look to see if the contact lens is still present using high magnification.

Dr. James :

He would also be able to look under the eyelids as well.

Customer:

is it dangerous if i wait until tomorrow to try to see an eye doctor? can i sleep and go in the morning or do u suggest going now to a 24 hour facility ?

Customer:

i feel no pain something just feels a little irritated and awkward when i blink

Dr. James :

If you can try to rinse out the eye as best you can.

Dr. James :

You should be able to wait until the morning.

Dr. James :

Until you see an ophthalmologist.

Dr. James :

If you develop pain, worsening vision then you should considered getting examined sooner.

Customer:

if something is stuck to my eye, what will they do to remove it? will it be painful?

Dr. James :

It can be removed with fine tweezers.

Dr. James :

It should not be painful because the eye can be numbed with eye drops.

Dr. James :

Do you have any other questions for me?

Customer:

is there usually a film over the part of the eye the contact goes on

Customer:

i dont know if that makes sense

Customer:

but it feels like something is over it

Dr. James :

There is not a film. But if the contact lens is stuck underneath the eyelid, it can cause the tears to be thickened and feel like a film.

Customer:

ok thank you so much that was my last question

Dr. James :

You're welcome.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Dr. James
Dr. James
Dr. James