Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My fiance is having a hard time with his left eye lid. He

Hi my name is *****...
Hi my name is ***** ***** my fiance is having a hard time with his left eye lid. He has bumps on his top eye lid. He says it doesn't ich or burn he can just feel it and there's I guess more popping up. Do you think its something bad that he should get looked at by someone or is it harmless?
2/4/2011
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Hello and thanks for your question. Do these bumps look like multiple tiny zits? Does he have them anywhere else besides this left upper eyelid? Over how long of a time did these crop up?

Yeah they do look like little tiny zits and they just starting popping up this morning. I just hope they aren't serious.

These sound like they are milia. They are benign, tiny cysts filled with keratin (a skin-material). They are more common in infants, but can also begin to be seen in early adulthood. These can sometimes happen because of trauma to the glands in the skin, but more often than not just arise for no apparent reason. Rarely they can be associated with serious skin conditions, but if there is no significant swelling, redness, or warmth of the surrounding skin or on the skin elsewhere on the body, then these usually are of no consequence other than cosmetic.

There are generally no known effective treatments for these bumps and they usually just have to go away on their own.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.