Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have Glaucoma and severe insomnia .If I take a nightly Temazapan

I have Glaucoma and severe insomnia .If I take a nightly Temazapan I have a wonderful night`s sleep.and feel great the next day . I take Trusopt and xalatan for my glaucoma . Can I continue taking Temazapan . It keeps me sane !!!!

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

If you are typing I can not see it. There may be a problem with the chat system. I will switch to Q&A and we can talk there....

I am here.
I see you viewed my statements so far. I hope you are able to type to me in the Q&A mode. I'm sorry about the problems with the chat system.

Temazepam will not affect open angle glaucoma which is, most likely, the type of glaucoma you have. Temazepam use is only worrisome in people who have acute narrow-angle glaucoma, which is a rare form of glaucoma -- if you had this type you would know it :o)

So, what is the take home message? Go ahead and continue to enjoy your wonderful nights sleep without worries about your glaucoma.

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.