Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

There appears to be a bleed in the vitreous humor of my

right eye. Looks like...
There appears to be a bleed in the vitreous humor of my right eye. Looks like an oil spill in the eye. No externally visible symptoms. What should I do?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2011
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

There is no need to place ice packs on your eye. In the case of a vitreous bleed it is always a good idea to have an examination sooner rather then later. Going to the ER, unless you can be evaluated by an ophthalmologist, will be of little use.

Dr. Rick :

I would suggest you call your ophthalmologist first thing Monday morning (unless it is possible to get hold of him or his associates by calling the office now and speaking to someone on call) and trying to get in Monday instead of Tuesday.

Dr. Rick :

Until you can be seen, just take it easy. No heavy activity, running etc and if you are constipated use a laxative rather then straining. You can read, watch TV etc safely. There is really nothing else that you can do on your own at home.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
k
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD