Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Do I need to wear the eye shield outdoors when my macular

Customer Question
has healed but I still...
Do I need to wear the eye shield outdoors when my macular has healed but I still have the gas bubble?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
12/22/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

No. There is no need to wear your eye shield outdoors with a gas bubble in your eye. That shield is used primarily to protect your eyeball from being "mashed" by the pillows when you sleep and to remind you not to itch it etc, as it is healing from the surgery.

Dr. Rick :

That being said, some people like to wear the shield for a sense of security and this OK to do.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Have a happy holiday season
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD