How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11417
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 30 year old male, since I was little I have had this

Resolved Question:

I am a 30 year old male, since I was little I have had this problem were if I look at a object it starts to look farther away then it is, or the object shrinks, Im farsided with a astigmatism and my right eye is a little lazy, please help
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

do you have any medical problems or take any medicine? What have ophthalmologists told you about this in the past?

Customer: No medical problems, I have anxiety and take meds for that but this has been around since I can remember, eye doctor says it has to do with my far sidedness and my lazy eye
Dr. Rick :

I believe that your doctor is correct. When I was in training to become an eye surgeon many years ago I spent a year doing research on a condition called aniseikonia. I would bet that is what is going on with you. Here is a link to a fairly technical discussion about the condition:

Dr. Rick :

Dr. Rick :

There is really not a lot that can be done about it at this point in your life.

Customer: Just with my anxiety I feel like I'm going to go blind
Dr. Rick :

Nope. You are not going blind....just existing as a living experiment about a very interesting (at least to geeks like me :) optical/brain function principle

Dr. Rick :

It should not get worse and, since you have amblyopia in one eye, there is no way to treat it.......that is if you rule out removing one of your eyes. That would solve the problem but is probably a little bit drastic, don't you think?

Dr. Rick :

are you still there?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Have a happy Holiday Season