Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

3 days ago i hurt my back working out. yestuurday morning i

Customer Question
hi, 3 days ago i...
hi, 3 days ago i hurt my back working out. yestuurday morning i was looking up stuff on line about back issues and my vision got blurry and the computer lines ran together a bit so i looked up i then looked up blirry vision and found stuff about tma or simi strokes so i worryed that that is what happend. i could still read the computer it just got blirry so i looked away from the computer and tried to see if anything else was blurry . i could read pieces of paper up close and see things just words that were not up close i could not see right like they were out of focus they were things i could normalty see fine i was stareing at a white computer screen with black writing could this just be from looking at the screen for a hr mixed with anxiety? i got dressed went out side to walk to the mail box and still things that were far away seemed a little blirry i could still read big words see cars in parking lot i could read license plates of cars near by but the ones a few cars down were blurry i could see ppl walking ect and i did not feel quite right i dont think i was dizzy but i was worried i could get dizzy so i went back inside and looked up more stuff about semi strokes .my musles worked fine becuase i was able to get dressed in a hurry jacket on get keys etc. i dont know if my speach was ok or not cause i am alone so i did not talk, no one here to talk to. i have been having alot of anxiety issues lately because my husband is away on business and my gramma just died. i then looked up blirry vision and found stuff about tma or simi strokes so i worryed that that is what happend .although i could walk fine eat ( i had a pop tart) get dressed look up stuff online. im 29 could i have had a simi stroke or does it just sound like a panic attack to you ? today when i woke up my vision was blurry but got better once i fully woke up and was fine till i went to the grocery store and i was looking around to see if my vision was ok and then far away things got blirry agin when i calmed down and got up and went shopping it went back to normal.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. It does not sound like you have had any type of stroke or TMA. First off, these things would be very rare in a person your age and secondly, they do not get better as quickly as your episode has

Dr. Rick :

I agree with what you are thinking: It may just be a panic attack from all the stress you are under with the passing of your grandmother, combined with mild dry eyes.

Dr. Rick :

I would suggest that you use natural tears to soothe and clear your eyes as needed when you get this blurry vision episodes and not worry too much about it. You are going to be just fine.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I am sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother and wish you the best during this Holiday Season.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
k
hi i have notices that the problem with my vision is still there and that it is stronger in my left eye then right. when i put on my husbands glasses i can see far away stuff slightly better. as far as i know i could see stuff befor this happened just fine maybe i did not notice it getting worse. knowing that itr is worse in one eye does it still not sound like mini stroke ?
No. A mini stroke would not improve with any form of glasses -- it would be bad and stay that way.

A complete examination by an ophthalmologist might be a good idea just to make sure your eyes are OK. I believe that they are, but by having someone take a good look in person you can be sure.

Hope you have a happy holiday season. Thanks for requesting me for this additional question. As this is really related to the original question we already discussed please do not pay any extra at this time. Merry Christmas!
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD