Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My vision seems to shake when I try to read small print,

Customer Question
like the ingredients on food...
my vision seems to shake when I try to read small print, like the ingredients on food containers, this is getting more frequent, what could be the cause?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
12/9/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Sorry something wrong with the chat system. But we can continue to interact here.
Give me a few minutes as I type my response.
ok I am here, waiting.
thank you for your response
You are experiencing symptoms of a natural process related to aging in the eye and is called presbyopia. In this condition certain changes occur in the elasticity of the lens and eye muscles, which makes accommodation ( a process in the eye which is responsible for focusing near objects) reduced. It usually begins to be noticed around the age of 40 years. It is rectified by wearing glasses for near work ( reading /writing).

At this stage it is best to consult an optician so that you can be given glasses according to your need. You can choose from various options such as only readers, bifocals, progressives ( depending on the result of the refraction test done by the optician).

Thank you and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist