How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11420
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had RK on both eyes 2 times when I was 18. Now my

Resolved Question:

I have had RK on both eyes 2 times when I was 18. Now my cornea's are unstable to the point of feeling bumpy when I blink and I also have veins growing into the areas where my cornea's were sliced. Is there anything I can do to make this go away or get better ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I will be happy to help you today.

Dr. Rick :

How is your vision?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

The most extreme treatment would consist of a corneal transplant. Depending upon your corneal roughness, blood vessel ingrowth, corneal thickness and visual acuity phototherapeutic keratectomy may be an option.

Dr. Rick :

Your best bet for treatment options is to have a complete examination by a fellowship trained cornea specialist.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can chat
around 20/30 20/40
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
As I said above, there are options but the only way to really know which ones are best for your specific condition is to see a cornea specialist.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Hi. I'm here now if you need me. Thanks for the accept on the warfarin question.