Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Daughter sindged eyelashes and is now having issues with

Customer Question
focusing, itchy eyes and they...
Daughter sindged eyelashes and is now having issues with focusing, itchy eyes and they keep watering. Visine does not seem to be helping. Is there something else I can do for her?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
12/5/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you tonight

Dr. Rick :

How did she singe her eyelashes?

Dr. Rick :

How long ago did the happen?

Customer:

her and friend was playing around with a bic lighter. It happened around 4pm yesterday.

Dr. Rick :

Ouch. She may have burned the skin on her cornea, causing a corneal abrasion.

Customer:

What can i do for her?

Dr. Rick :

First of all, stop the visine. That has a vasoconstricter in it to get the red out that just irritates things

Customer:

Okay she only did it once said it burn like crazy

Dr. Rick :

use some natural tears -- you can get them at walmart etc -- and cool compresses. Also goop up her eye with lacrilube (also at walmart etc) before she goes to sleep tonight. Things should be feeling a lot better in the morning.

Customer:

thank you Ill head there now.

Dr. Rick :

When she goes into REM sleep tonight the pain of her eyes going back and forth under her lids may wake her up. Put in more lube, ice in a towel and try to get back to sleep

Dr. Rick :

If things don't get better in 24hrs have her seen by an ophthalmologist. I do not think you need to go to the ER at this point from what you have told me.

Dr. Rick :

still there?

Customer:

yes.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Have a good night. I'm sure your daughter will be fine.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Customer:

ok thank you

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD