Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

When I'm driving the lines in the road cross. This happens

When I'm driving the lines in the road cross. This happens alot when I'm coming home from work. I work at night and with computers. I sometimes have a headache and sometimes not.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical conditions or take any medicine? Does the crossing of the lines go away if you close one eye?

Customer:

I take high blood pressure meds. Yes if I close one of my eyes it will go away but comes right back. This happens alot when I'm coming home from work in the morning

Dr. Rick :

How long has then been happening? Do you have any double vision when doing anything else, such as reading, watching TV etc, or is it only when driving at night?

Customer:

This has been happening for about 3 weeks. I somes times have burred vision when I'm watching TV.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you may be experiencing microvascular problems, possibly connected to your hypertension (even if your BP is OK on meds) that is causing weakness in a muscle that controls your eye(s). The most common nerve affected in the 6th cranial nerve.

Dr. Rick :

While this usually will resolve on its own, you should have a complete eye examination by an ophthalmologist in the near future to rule out any other causes and to make sure everything else is OK

Customer:

What can I do about this?

Customer:

Thanks