Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I would like feedback from ophthalmologists on their success

rates and patient satisfaction of...
I would like feedback from ophthalmologists on their success rates and patient satisfaction of IOLs ReSTOR and Tecnis. Would one of these be recommended for a 78 year old woman with "healthy" eyes (except for cataracts),which will be removed. Thank you, Barbara
]
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2010
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you with that information today.\

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

I have had very good experience with both of those lenses. They are more complicated to put in the eye as they need to be centered exactly and the opening into the cataract during surgery (anterior capsulotomy) needs to be just the right size however, in selected patients, they are well worth the extra work and expense

Dr. Rick :

I can think of no reason why you shouldn't consider either one of these lenses. Age has nothing to do with it.....just how motivated you are to obtain the best post op vision. I can tell you that the vast majority of patients are very satisfied with their vision after having either of these lenses implanted in their eyes.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
k
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD