Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Do you my question?

Customer Question

hi dr. do you my question?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You did not enter the chat while I awaited there. So I'm sending my responses in Q&A format.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Can you atleast see my replies now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Please follow this link for continuation- http://www.justanswer.com/questions/4a9ct-have-a-foreign-body-sensation-in-my-right-eye-after-washing

Customer:

hello dr.

Customer:

df

Customer:

hi dr. do you have my question

Customer:

about my right eye ; foreign body sensation

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I've sent my detailed response at the above link.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Shall send here again.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

All I can see here is a message which says you are in and out of chat.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You pressed the accept button a bit too fast before you could actually view my answer. But I'll try my best to give you a satisfactory answer.

As you mentioned a foreign body sensation in the eye "after" washing the eye with water, the likely cause is an eye lash in the eye.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The commonest site for lodgment of an eyelash is either the lower fornix( lower lid groove) or in the sub-tarsal sulcus( beneath the upper lid)

Dr. A.S. Desai :

What you need to do is to have a close look at your eye in the mirror preferrably with some magnification ( if you have one) and just look for an eyelash in the lower lid groove and if not there hten evert your upperlid and look for one lodged there. You will easily be able to remove it with a sterile cotton or even with the help of a fresh earbud. In case you are unable to do so , try flushing your eye with more water which may dislodge any stuck foreign body. If there is associated pain/watering or redness then I'm afraid it could be a corneal foreign body which can only be removed by an ophthalmologist.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I'm unable to know whether you have seen the answer.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Your responses came one after the other soon after you pressed the accept, while I was still typing the answers. Please do give us some time to do so before you end up thinking that the expert has not sent across any answer inspite of you having paid . Please bear with the inconvenience for this question. But I hope the answer has been satisfactory or else you are free to follow up till your satisfaction.