How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Stan Your Own Question
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2701
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a constant weeping righteye- any cure?

Customer Question

I have a constant weeping righteye- any cure?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Since this occurs in the right eye only, it is likely that you are experiencing the tearing symptom of blocked tear duct in the right or right lower eyelid punctum drainage malposition. This problem can also result from the right cornea nerve been more sensitive to eye irritation from a number of causes including eye strain from imbalance of vision between the two eyes, incomplete closure of the right eyelid and hence right cornea irritation. I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation of the right eye under the Slit-Lamp in other to properly design a treatment. If the problem is right eye tear duct blockage, then in-office probing and irrigation will be used to attempt to re-open the tear duct. Other problems would require specific treatment strategies as well. In the meantime, I suggest you use over the counter preservative free tear drop such as Refresh plus or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily in the right eye in attempt to quiet cornea irritation and hence reduce the increase reflex tear gland stimulation that may be causing the excess tearing. Although, if this is related to tear duct blockage, then it would not help. So, the best suggestion is to get the right eye evaluated by your eye doctor under the Slit-Lamp for better design of treatment strategy.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.