Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

After retinal surgury where internal liquid is replaced

Customer Question
operated on eye delivers a...
after retinal surgury where internal liquid is replaced operated on eye delivers a smaller image than normal eye. Will this self correct or can it be corrected?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
11/8/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It general, the smaller image is caused by the difference in the refractive medium density due to the artificial replacing fluid in the operated eye. The liquid in the operated has a different density from the natural vitreous in the eye. Optimal refraction with prescription glasses or contacts can be used to significantly reduce the imbalance of the image sizes in the two eyes. I suggest that you ask your retinal eye doctor to refer you to a good refractive correction eye doctor for a closer evaluation and attempt at the correction of the problem.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist