Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

L was registerd partually sighted and now registered has

hello my name is claire l was registerd partually sighted and now registered has blind the consultant now wants to deregister me saying it is long sighted vision and a lazy eye l am worried when up town with my parents everthing was reallly blurred and l was holding my mums arm to see were l was going l cryed and said to my mum l cant see everything is blurred l am frighted in the pass my octular pressure has been up and in the mornings my eyes seem dry and gritty l did attend a centre for the blind and l have been told all sorts of drifferent things and am worried that l am going blind please help claire batchelor redditch worcestershire
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I can help you today.

Dr. Rick :

Do you know what your best corrected visual acuity is? You also said you might have high eye pressure. Do you have glaucoma? If so, do you know how much damage has been done to your field of vision?

Customer:

yes my field of vision is constricted

Customer:

no l am not sure

Customer:

i am not sure what my visual acuity is all how much damage has occured

Dr. Rick :

In the USA, the amount of remaining visual field is a part of determining if your are legally blind. It is possible to have 20/20 (perfect) straight ahead vision but yet have a very damaged visual field and be listed as "legally" blind in the USA

Customer:

l am at the moment exsperincing blurred vision and told to stop using my symbol cane l cryed in town yesterday because people looked blured crossing roads l look and dont see

Customer:

thank you for your help today do you think l should see my optican about this problem

Dr. Rick :

No. You should try to skip the optician and see a different ophthalmologist. Try to bring copies of your clinical notes, visual fields etc for her to review and compare with the tests she will do.

Dr. Rick :

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I would just keep on using your symbol cane. What are they gonna do to you, spank you and take away your birthday? :o) If it helps, there should be no reason you can't use it to get around.