Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

54 YEAR OLF FEMALE WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES, I RECENTLY HAD MY

Customer Question

HI, I AM A 54 YEAR OLF FEMALE WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES, I RECENTLY HAD MY EYES EXAMINED AND WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE 20/20 VISION. BUT, I CAN NOT SEE CLEARLY AT ALL AND WAS TOLD TO BUY A PAIR OF GLASSES AT THE PHARMACY. IS THAT NORMAL?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician. ?

Dr. James :

20/20 vision is very good.

Dr. James :

In people over 45, it is common that you have 20/20 vision for distance vision, but blurry vision when trying to read.

Dr. James :

In this case, over the counter reading glasses is helpful.

Dr. James :

You can try a +1.50 or +2.00 to suit your needs.

Dr. James :

The higher the number, then closer the reading material needs to be to your face.

Dr. James :

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today