How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3343
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have developed a rash under my left lower eye lid and it

Resolved Question:

I have developed a rash under my left lower eye lid and it will not heal. There are small bubbles in the rash as well. It is possible that I was infected by a sexual partner with Herpes and suspect that this might be some form of Ocular Herpes. Can you tell me what type of Doctor I should seek (e.g. Opthamologist, dermatologist, etc.)
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.


You are correct in thinking that this rash might be herpes. A herpes rash is classically these little whitish "bubbles" or vesicles that are on a base or reddened skin.


Because herpes viruses can affect the eyes in such profound ways, I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist as soon as you can to start treatment if you have any eye problems from it.


Does that help address your concerns?


I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.


Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.


My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.

Dr. Dan B. and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you