How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. A.S. Desai Your Own Question
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2435
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. A.S. Desai is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 1/8 bubble under the sclera of my right eye. The

This answer was rated:

I have a 1/8" bubble under the sclera of my right eye. The eye blood vessels are a bit inflamed. No pain, just irritation. The bubble moves around. I have been using artificial tears to soothe it. What else should I do?

Welcome to Just Answer

How is the vision in the right eye?

When you say that the bubble moves, do you mean to say that everyday it is seen at a different site on the white of the eye?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The vision is perfect. This just happened last night.


The bubble moves easily under the surface -- like a water balloon. It sits on the rim of my eyelid, but if I push my eyelid up, it moves. There appears to be a protective circle of sclera around my iris where the bubble can't go. The redness is toward the tear duct area. I am currently out of town, which is why I'm trying to figure out if I need to deal with this immediately or if it can wait until get home on Friday,

Hello, thank you for the reply and additional information.

From the description given , it looks like there is chemosis of the conjunctiva. Chemosis is accumalation of fluid( invariably tears) in the conjunctival tissue( white of the eye) and can occur if there has been subtle injury to the eye / if you rub your eyes vigourously / if there is allergic conjunctivitis. In such a situation , you can put over the counter Alaway or Zaditor eye drops , 1 drop twice a day. If symptoms persist even after 1 week or if there any pain, I suggest you cansult an ophthalmologist nearby.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you