Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a 1/8" bubble under the sclera of my right eye. The

I have a 1/8" bubble...
I have a 1/8" bubble under the sclera of my right eye. The eye blood vessels are a bit inflamed. No pain, just irritation. The bubble moves around. I have been using artificial tears to soothe it. What else should I do?
9/1/2010
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer

How is the vision in the right eye?

When you say that the bubble moves, do you mean to say that everyday it is seen at a different site on the white of the eye?

The vision is perfect. This just happened last night.

The bubble moves easily under the surface -- like a water balloon. It sits on the rim of my eyelid, but if I push my eyelid up, it moves. There appears to be a protective circle of sclera around my iris where the bubble can't go. The redness is toward the tear duct area. I am currently out of town, which is why I'm trying to figure out if I need to deal with this immediately or if it can wait until get home on Friday,

Hello, thank you for the reply and additional information.

From the description given , it looks like there is chemosis of the conjunctiva. Chemosis is accumalation of fluid( invariably tears) in the conjunctival tissue( white of the eye) and can occur if there has been subtle injury to the eye / if you rub your eyes vigourously / if there is allergic conjunctivitis. In such a situation , you can put over the counter Alaway or Zaditor eye drops , 1 drop twice a day. If symptoms persist even after 1 week or if there any pain, I suggest you cansult an ophthalmologist nearby.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist