Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

My right eye retina has been diagnosed with a skin of

My right eye retina has been diagnosed with a skin of additional (glei ?) cells which can be removed by surgery. Is there any other way to reduce this cap which causes my blurred vision ? I also have serious glaucoma in that eye. Risk ?
Thanx

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you may be experiencing the blurred vision due to glial cells proliferation or scar tissue in the retina. The best way to remove such scar tissue is surgery. However, considering that the cause is background inflammation, the subconjunctival injection of Kenalog (triamcinolone) may be used to significantly reduce the formation of the glial cell scar on the retina. The subconjunctival kenalog injection will mostly the formation of new glial cell scar tissue and not to resolve old glial cell scar tissue. Old glial cell scar tissue is best resolved by surgery.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.