Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I'm already taking Pred Forte eye drops once an hour to

I'm already taking Pred Forte eye drops once an hour to relieve pain and light sensitivity. it has helped some but still all of the symptoms are present. Any suggestions for treatment?
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. James :

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.
?

Dr. James :

Is it in one eye or both eyes?
What other medical problems do you have?
When did the problem start?
Are you using any eye drops with a red cap?
When is your next followup appointment?

Customer:

It is in the left eye although the right eye is feeling abit strained as well

Customer:

the problem started about eight days ago after I got back from a crosss country road trip of 6000 plus miles.

Customer:

I am using eye drops with a white cap

Customer:

my next appiontment is in a month although i am going in as a walkin tomorrow because I am a school principal and my chool year has already started and I cannot be missing work

Dr. James :

Thank you for the additional information. Information in the eyes is also called uveitis. It is often associated with various autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or sarcoidosis, but not always. Many times no cause of the inflammation is found.

Pred Forte is the appropriate medicine. A dilating eye drop such (usually with a red cap) helps with the pain and light sensitivity. Since you are using it every hour, it tells me that the inflammation is moderate to severe.

It is good that you can be seen tomorrow, as being on hourly Pred Forte is not optimal.

Customer:

Tha nk you is there anything else I can use ? Since I'm not able to drive and am at the mercy of my condition.

Customer:

Sorry about my typing it is rather tedious trying to tpye with one strained eye

Dr. James :

For now, just over the counter pain relievers. Dilating drops such as homatropine or atropine should help with the pain. You can talk to your doctor about that tomorrow.

Dr. James :

No problem.

Customer:

Thank you for your time have a great evening and I pray all is well with you and your loved ones

Dr. James :

Thank you. Speedy recovery to you.