Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I CANNOT KEEP MY EYES OPEN. I HAVE TO FIGHT TO OPEN THEM. I

Customer Question
DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING...
I CANNOT KEEP MY EYES OPEN. I HAVE TO FIGHT TO OPEN THEM. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
7/23/2010
Eye Doctor: docehtisham,
 replied 7 years ago
docehtisham
Thanks for asking
Since how long do you have this problem
At which time this problem is worst
Do you have any visual abnormality
Are you using any medicines currently
Regards
lt;p>THYROID MEDICATION WHICH WAS JUST RECENTLY INCREASED. THIS HAS BEEN ONGOING ABOUT 2 MONTHS</p><p> </p>
NO ANSWERS OR TO EARLY TO KNOW
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It likely that you are experiencing the symptom of filamentary keratitis due the cornea irritation from the mucus filaments caused by the dry cornea. The underlying cause for the development is dry cornea is hypothyroidism, and needs appropriate correction with increase in the thyroid hormone. To resolve this problem, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation of your cornea and possible prescription of eye medication such as mucomyst (N-acetyl-cysteine) eye drop. In addition, I suggest that you use over the counter preservative free drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily, and Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily at least 10 minutes apart. The normalization of the thyroid hormone will significantly be beneficial. I suggest that you also use over the counter antioxidants containing N-acetyl cysteine which is a Glutathione precursor supplements.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist