How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Stan Your Own Question
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2701
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Stan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a sudden condition of watery burning in both eyes

This answer was rated:

I have a sudden condition of watery burning in both eyes that had been going for 12 hours.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Eye water and burning is likely related to tear film dysfunction due to ocular allergy causing cornea irritation with inflammation. To resolve this, I suggest that you use over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily for 1 week, and then twice daily as needed for burning eyes and discomfort, and preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily as 5-10 mins apart from the zaditor drop. This should significantly resolve the problem. If after 1-2 week there is no significant resolution, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation under the Silt-lampSchmirer's test, and possible stronger prescription eye drop. Continue your allergy pills, or you can use over the counter Zyretc 1 pill daily.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you