Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Thank you. My question is this. My friend is complaining of

Customer Question
Hello, and thank you....
Hello, and thank you. My question is this. My friend is complaining of seeing black spots and oil, water type floaters with black spots in her eye. No complaints of headaches, however, the eye is impaired to where she can barely see. She has no history of hypertension, CVA, or migraines. The outside of her eye looks just fine. She says she can see this web like pattern and black spots inside her eye. Thank you.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/5/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that she has severe posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) with old blood or PVD floating in the eye. PVD tend to occur with aging vitreous (thick clear gel inside the eye) which can become loosely attached to the back of the eye and over time causes traction and pull on the blood vessels to the point of occasional rupture and bleed into the vitreous. I suggest that she follow-up with her retina eye doctor for closer evaluation with dilated eye examination to exclude any retinal tear and/or retina detachment. If there is retinal detachment, she will need reattachment retinal surgery. If no retinal detachment but significant PVD and blood, then she will need retinal surgery to remove the melted vitreous and blood in order to improve her vision.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist