Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I was not satisfied with the answe I got but could not get

Customer Question

I was not satisfied with the answe I got but could not get back to you . How can I get to someone to explain? Jill Sullivan ***@******.*** This was Wed. 6/30/2010
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thanks for coming back.

I'm sorry that my answer was not satisfactory. What questions do you have and how can I answer them better?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was asked if I had asthma or diabetes and I replied that I have neither. Then I was told it would take a little time to get an answer for me. So that is the last I have heard.

Thanks for your reply.

I must not have been the one who tried to answer your question initially because I didn't ask you those questions.

Is your question about larger floaters and how you can get them removed?

If so, unfortunately, there is nothing that really can be done to definitively rid yourself of these floaters besides major surgery. This is certainly an option to consider for the uncommon patient who has very large floaters that obstruct the straight-ahead vision for a large portion of their visual tasks. But this surgery is not without risk, though. It is a more risky surgery than cataract surgery, though thousands of people have this surgery every day and do very well.

Thankfully, these floaters usually tend to get "better" in that either: 1) the brain learns how to ignore them, or 2) they break up somewhat, or 3) they drift out of your view.

Does this help answer your question?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.