How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. A.S. Desai Your Own Question
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2437
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. A.S. Desai is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife's right eye ball is swelling. It appears to have a

This answer was rated:

My wife's right eye ball is swelling. It appears to have a gel like bubble on the side. She said it felt like pink eye at first and she rubbed it and it immediately began to swell.

Welcome to Just Answer

Due to excessive or vigourous rubbing of the eye, there might be chemosis of the conjunctivitis ie the thin translucent layer on the white of the eye becomes swollen. In the absence of any other eye symptoms like reduced vision , redness , watering , you can start putting zaditor/ alaway eye drops , 1 drop twice a day along with preservative free Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day for a period of 1 week. You can take tab. diclofenac 50 mg + serratiopeptidase 10 mg combination , 1 tablet twice a day for 3 days.

If symptoms do not subside by 1 week , you can consult an ophthalmologist for a detailed eye check up.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you