Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I believe i might have the start of a detached retina, the

picture of my eye looked...
i believe i might have the start of a detached retina, the picture of my eye looked like i had stretch marks on my left eye. I had cat surgury on my left eye four years ago and on my right two years ago. Iam 50 years old. what are symtoms that i need to be looking for, and than if it is happening what happens next.
7/1/2010
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

The stretch marks in the back of your eye (retina) is common in persons with history of nearsightedness (myopia) or larger eye balls, but not in all case (it can be seen in normal non-myopic eye as well). It is not harmful, except that your eye may be at a higher risk of retinal injury if you get hit in the eye (trauma). It is unlikely that you have retinal detachment, however, due to the thinner retina you may be at a higher risk of having retinal detachment following eye insult. For this reason, it is important that you maintain routine eye check up with dilated eye examination to exclude the presence of any retina tear or holes which can serve as the beginning point of retinal detachment. In general, if you have retinal detachment the symptoms include severe flashes, floaters and decrease vision like a curtain veil coming over the eye. If you have any of such symptoms, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer dilated eye examination.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist