Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have a brain injury. I had no internal bleeding on the…

Customer Question
I have a brain injury...
I have a brain injury. I had no internal bleeding on the MRI. They did find a bundle of damaged nerves almost touching the optic nerve. The first few hours after the injury I had no vision. I now have blurry vision with upper dip in vision field. My eyes work on their own but not together. I get stuck at midline and I have a problem with my left eye tracking things to the left. i was told I lean to the left when doing this to compensate. sedcades are broken and I get motion sickness. I had paralysis on the right side of body after accident. When i try to drive it feels like there is too much info to take in and my brain/eyes get overwhelmed.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
6/26/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
How old are you? When did the injury occur? what was the mechanism of injury? what other medical issues do you have ?
I was 31 when it happened three years ago. I was hit on the left side of my head by a car door and knocked out and was either dragged by the car or rolled for 50 some feet. I had a laceration where the right and back of my head meet towards the top. It was stated that someone at the scene said that his hand felt like it caved into the back of my head. I was told at the hospital that I had no fracture. I had problems walking, holding my head up and right side weakness for many months after.
Thanks for giving me a bit more info. I guess I should ask what exactly is it that you need our input on? I have read the first statement from up top and do not see the question you are posing. Regards ***** *****