Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My six year old daughters one eye when she stares it goes…

Customer Question
my six year old daughters...
my six year old daughters one eye when she stares it goes the other way what could that be
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
6/20/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that she is experiencing the symptom of Lazy eye called Strabismus. This occurs due to the weakness and/or imbalance co-ordination of the eye muscles. It is important that she follow-up with the pediatric ophthalmologist (eye doctor) for closer evaluation with complete eye examination including refraction and correction of refractive error. Correcting the lazy eye now, either with glasses (containing prism) or with surgery, will prevent the permanent loss of vision (ambylopia) in the affected eye after about 9 years. This is a well-known problem and often correctable as stated. I suggest that you take the child to the eye doctor for closer evaluation and correction.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.