Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Had lasik surgery in bth eyes 2004. June 1, 2010 had

Customer Question
cataract surgery in left eye...
Had lasik surgery in bth eyes 2004. June 1, 2010 had cataract surgery in left eye. After physician 1 week appt. He determined my eye measurements before surgery were incorrect due to prior lasik. He said might have to laser for correction. How long must I heal before this next corrective treatment. I am very offbalance . Thank You
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
6/16/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It would that about 4-6 weeks for your eye to heal, and your refractive error be stabilized so that the exact correction that needs to be made with the laser treatment will be determined. However, the laser treatment would probably occur within 3 months so that the cornea wound from the cataract surgery will completely heal and be very stable. In general, such laser treatment to correct the residual error of refractive is commonly done, and would resolve your imbalance. I understand you frustration, but this will resolve.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.