Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was woundering if there is anything that can be done for…

Customer Question
Hi I was woundering if there...
Hi
I was woundering if there is anything that can be done for scarring on the eye caused by severe myopia.
I am 55 years old and had clear lens implants done 11 years ago bilaterally.
My vison was -1600 correction and improved to-350 . I now wear hard torak contacts .
I have been experiencing loss of vision on the left eye laterally. I had a Fundas photos done and was told it is just scarring on my eye. Is there any new surgeries available at this time to correct this problem.
Thank you ,
Lydia
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
6/15/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer

I guess the scarring mentioned for the reduced vision in the left eye is a chorioretinal degeneration with macular involvement. Unfortunately there is no surgery or medicines available for myopic chorioretinal degeneration as of now.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.