Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I Have been told by a eye doctor I have pressure in my right…

Customer Question
I Have been told by...
I Have been told by a eye doctor I have pressure in my right eye I Lost my left eye when I was 11 years old. I have always washed both eye with salt and water could I have damaged my eye with the salt.I have been prescribed xalatan eye drops.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
6/12/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is unlikely that bathing the eyes with salt/water caused you to develop glaucoma or have increased pressure in your right eye. This has not been shown to cause increase eye pressure. However, any history of injury to one eye, and chronic use of medication such as steroid eye drops or pills and increasing age among other risk factors can increase your risk of developing increase pressure and/or glaucoma in the good eye. Xalatan is a very good and effective eye drop to control the eye pressure.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.