Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Should drops be put in eyes if you are suffering from

Customer Question
swollen optic nerves...
Should drops be put in eyes if you are suffering from swollen optic nerves
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Eye
6/11/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 8 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer

Swollen optic nerves are due to either raised intracranial pressure as in papilledema or due to inflammation of the optic nerves as in optic neuritis. They do not respond to any eye dropsand need systemic medication especially for optic neuritis ( oral prednisolone for maintainence and IV methylprednisolone for initial few days).

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.