How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3343
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can be done to cure "Azoor"

Customer Question

what can be done to cure "Azoor"
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 7 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

AZOOR is really a grouping of inflammatory disorders affecting the back of the eye. Unfortunately, for most of these, either there is spontaneous regression of the disease, or steroids can sometimes affect the course of them.

Steroids can be administered in the form of drops on the eye, or injections of steroid around or in the eye.

Unfortunately, there really is no "cure" for AZOOR at the present time.

I would recommend follow-up with a retinal specialist if this has not already been done to keep abreast of your treatment and any new treatment possibilities that may arise.

Does this help address your concern?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute an informed medical opinion or recommendation. For an informed medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.