How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. A.S. Desai Your Own Question
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2436
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. A.S. Desai is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister has a small pool of water in the right corner of

Resolved Question:

My sister has a small pool of water in the right corner of my right eye that sits on my bottom eyelid, it has been there for about five months. I wondered if you might know what the condition is and could offer some advice.
Many Thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

In the absence of any other eye complaint , pooling of tears in one eye is invariably due to improper drainage of the tears from that eye. Normally the tears flow from the eyes through the lacrimal apparatus into the nose . Especially in females , this nasolacrimal duct is shorter is more prone for constriction and results in improper drainage of tears. This has to be confirmed by a syringing test and the lacrimal apparatus patency is checked. If it is not patent and block is found , then a new passage can be created by surgery ( DCR).

You can consult an ophthalmologist for this test and discuss the above.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.
Dr. A.S. Desai and 2 other Eye Specialists are ready to help you