How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. James Your Own Question
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2286
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am getting a progressively blurry part of my right eye,

This answer was rated:

I am getting a progressively blurry part of my right eye, from the nose outward. I developed a great deal of black spots earlier this week, not just the floaty stuff. What could cause this?

You have a thick gel material in the middle of your eyes. Over time it liquefies and can sometimes clump together. When you look in the light, you see the shadows of these things and see them as floaters.

New floaters can be an indication of a retinal problem, such as a hole, tear, or detachment. Since these new floaters are associated with a blurry part of your vision, it is important to have a full dilated eye exam to make sure you are not having a retinal detachment.

This needs to be done today.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Dr. James and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you