Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

What is harding of the eyes and what would be the cause?

Customer Question
what is harding of the eyes and what would be the cause?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/2/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the symptom of decreased vision caused by the formation of cataract in the lens of your eyes. The cataract is caused by the hardening of the lens, resulting in decreased vision. This is common, and occurs with age. In general, with age, the lens which is normally filled with clear gel material gradually becomes hard and hazy, and unable to easily allow change in the shape of the lens for focusing light at the back of the eye. Initially, it may be possible to use prescription glasses to help you see better, however, if the cataract (harden lens) is significant, the eye doctor will surgical remove the hardened lens, and insert a tiny clear artificial lens implant measured to the size of your natural lens. This will allow you see clearly again, many times with no need for distance (driving) glasses, except for over the counter glasses for close-up reading. This type of surgery generally takes about 10 to 15 minutes under mild anesthesia (NOT general anesthesia). Patients usually see much better the same day after the surgery. You will be given drops to prevent infection and stop inflammation in the eye due to the surgery.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist