Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I have swelling and brusing under and in the right corner of

I have swelling and brusing under and in the right corner of my right eye from where I
walked into a wall during the night on Monday and have been utting ice on it. What do I do to get rid of the swelling???
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Is the vision affected?

Is any discharge present in the eye?

Is there any itching?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no to all of the above
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Did you sustain trauma to the eye? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean by trauma to the eye? I hit my forehead which has a bump and scrape, but I didn't hit my eye.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am waiting on an anwer?????????/
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

It appears Dr. Riaz is currently away. The bruising and swelling will resolve on it's own over the next 1-2 weeks as the tissue heals. Unfortunately, there is nothing else that can be done to make it go away faster. Ice helps reduce swelling in the first 24 hours away, but not as useful later on. You can continue to use cool compresses and artificial tears to help ease any discomfort.

If the swelling or pain is worsening or you have a decrease in vision, I'd recommend you see your doctor right away for an evaluation.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Experience: Eye Physician and Surgeon