Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had the crystalens put in my non-dominat eye on 3/10/10

Customer Question
and have had severe dizziness...
I had the crystalens put in my non-dominat eye on 3/10/10 and have had severe dizziness and a migraine headache. I can harly function and have missed lots of time from work. Three weeks after surgery my lens came through the encapsulated sac and the top portion was poking into my iris and i had emergency surgery. The dizziness went away for one week; but is back again. I have been through a full battery of tests with an ENT and everything is negative. His conclusion is the lens is making me dizzy. I am seriously considering having it replaced with a monofocal lens; since everyone I know who has one doesn't have any problems - only need read glasses.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/4/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

What type of lens do you have if any in your dominant eye?
No lens yet in dominant eye. Only in non dominant. Also I need to have sac lasered because of cloudiness

Thank you so much for your reply:

It is likely that you are experiencing difficulty with focusing due to the haze from the cloudy sac, and/or refractive error imbalance between the two eyes. I suggest that your doctor resolve the cloudy sac first and see how that improves the focusing.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist