Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had lasik surgery sep of 08, and I'm starting to have a

Customer Question
Hi, I had lasik surgery sep...
I had lasik surgery sep of 08, and I'm starting to have a bit of double vision, so I already have an appt with my eye doctor. Last night I put some color lenses to go out, I forgot to take them off and now after taking them off and even applying systane I see with a really heavy haze specially if I'm looking at something not that far like the clock but I can see my laptop normal. What did I do???
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
5/3/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing haze due to some swelling of the cornea and/or infiltrate with inflammation from the over wear of contact lens. At this time, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation to exclude contact lens related infection. You will need treatment with topical antibiotics drops with mild topical steroid such as Zylet drop or Lotemax and Vigamox. In the meantime, you can use over the counter Zaditor drop for reducing inflammation and more comfort in addition to the tear drops. Avoid further use of contacts until after this resolves.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Is there anything I can do at home, since there is no way I can drive myself to the doctor or pharmacy?

Thank you so much:

I suggest that you keep the contact off and use tear drops every 1-2 hours while awake.

Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist