How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. A.S. Desai Your Own Question
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2437
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. A.S. Desai is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have gotten epicleritis twice in the last month and three

This answer was rated:

I have gotten epicleritis twice in the last month and three times over the last year, should I go back to the ophthalmologist or make an appointment to see my primary care physician for more tests?

Welcome to Just Answer

Recurrent episcleritis needs to be treated with topical prednisolone eye drops 1 % . Since it is common in those with rheumatoid arthritis and other collagenous diseases , these have to be evaluated for. At times it may result in involvement of deeper tissues and scleritis and hence it is better to go back to your ophthalmologist. He can examine the eye in detail and ask for other tests too.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.
Dr. A.S. Desai and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you