Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I believe I have a seasonal allergy. Upper and lower eyes

I believe I have a seasonal allergy. Upper and lower eyes lids are swollen, red and itchy.I have tried Benadryl, cold compresses and antihistimine eye drops, nothing is helping. The skin around my eyes also burn.
Can you help, please???
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

It does look like a severe case of allergy and you have tried the correct medicines. If the symptoms still persist after using for 3-4 days you may need to change the medicines. You can put Pataday eye drops 1 drop twice a day, tab. cetrizine 10 mg every night for 5 days , it will control the allergy, Combination tab. Diclofenac 50 mg + Serratiopeptidase 10 mg , 1 tab twice a day for 5 days , being anti-inflammatory it will bring down the swelling .You can put Refresh tears eye drops ,4 times a day for soothening effect .

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can I purchase these items here in Chicago??? I have never heard of them??
You can get Refresh tears eye drops( alternative- Systane eye drops) and the anti-inflammatory tablets over the counter but Pataday may be available with prescription only.

But these are only alternatives to medicines which you are already taking. As I said if symptoms still persist after 5 days it is better for a detailed eye check up just to know whether there is any cellulitis or infection.

Thanks and best wishes