Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

MY HUSBAND GOT HIT IN THE EYE WITH A RUBBER BAND HIS EYE IS

MY HUSBAND GOT HIT IN THE EYE WITH A RUBBER BAND HIS EYE IS TEARING AND IN PAIN WHAT SHOULD HE DO TO TREAT IT?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

Is the vision affected?

How long back did he have trauma?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
IT WAS AN HOUR AGO HIS VISION IS OK SO FAR.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

It is always recommended to see an ophthalmologist after trauma to the eyes. Watering and pain in the eyes after trauma with a rubber band could be due to corneal epithelial defect, raised eye pressure, traumatic uveitis etc. Some complications may not develop suddenly but appear later. If corneal epithelial defect is present your husband may require topical anti-biotics, dilator drops or lubricants. Uveitis will require steroid drops. If eye pressure is high pressure reducing medications may have to be given since raised eye pressure can harm the optic nerve of the eye. I would recommend you to see an ophthalmologist. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.