Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I am a 48yrs old caucasian mother of 3 boys. In 1980, I was

Customer Question

I am a 48yrs old caucasian mother of 3 boys. In 1980, I was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa at Stanford Medical Center in Palo Alto California. I live in San Jose California. I would like to know if there is anywhere in California recruiting volunteers for clinical trials/implant, for people with etinitis Pigmentosa, in alifornia. My email address is:***@******.*** Thak you...Cheryl Wilson
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.

There are a few studies going on in California. You can follow these links to read more on them -

http://www.clinicalconnection.com/exp/ExpandedPatientViewStudy133217.aspx

http://www.clinicalconnection.com/exp/ExpandedPatientViewStudy150278.aspx

http://www.clinicalconnection.com/exp/ExpandedPatientViewStudy403749.aspx

Complete blindness does not occur in Retinitis pigmentosa. This is one positive thing. Those affected first experience night blindness, followed by constriction of the visual field and eventually the loss of central vision late in the course of the disease. Studies have suggested that treatment with antioxidants (such as vitamin A palmitate) may slow the disease from getting worse but they are debabtable. Several clinical trials are in progress to investigate new treatments for retinitis pigmentosa. Microchip implants that go inside the retina are in the early stages of development for treating blindness associated with this condition. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank you for your quick response. So I guess you have no knowledge of where I may volunteer for Clinical Trials being conducted in California re: Implants, Stem Cell etc? thanks again...C. Wilson
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry. I could not find an ongoing study in California where Implants or microchips are being evaluated. If you want I can opt out. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Im not sure I know what you mean by "opt out." cwilson
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
O.K. I am opting out so that other experts may help you. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
am a 48yrs old mother of 3 sons. In 1980 I was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmintosa at the Stanford Medical Center in Palo Alto California. I curently live in San Jose California. I would like to know if you know of any Clinical Trials accepting volunteers for RP Implants, Microchips, tem Cell etc. in California? Thank You..C. Wilson