Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

If you have neck pain on the left side, its like when i turn

if you have neck pain on the left side, its like when i turn my neck it feels like it wants to lock up and sometimes my eyes, i can't control what they do, it feels like their crossing or something really strange and my head starts hurting, this has happened to me about 4 or 5 times now. what could be the problem
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

When did this symptom start?

Any other medical problem?

Are you taking any medication?

Any history of lazy eye or problem with vision in the past?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

had neck and back pain for about 2 years, been to chiropractor didn't help.

no other medical problems that i know of, not taking any medicine, and no history of lazy eye, just had to have glasses, but when this happens with my eyes it feels like i can't control my eyes and i can't see it's like i'm seeing three or four things at once and the last time it happened it lasted for about 5 minutes

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you so much for your reply:

It is likely that you are experiencing the symptoms of pinched nerve at the neck causing strained eye muscles. I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation with complete eye exam to exclude other eye muscle problem such as myasthenia gravis. It is likely that proper treatment of the neck and back problem will significantly help resolve the problem. So, I suggest that your doctor should closely evaluation your back and neck problem with MRI, with possible prescription for muscle relaxants, pain killers and/or nerve pain neutralizing medication such as gabapentin.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.