How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. JP Your Own Question
Dr. JP
Dr. JP, Ophthalmology, Oculoplastic Surgery
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 28
Experience:  Harvard Medical School, Massachussetts Eye and Ear
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. JP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A few months ago, my husband was diagnosed with dry eyes and

Customer Question

A few months ago, my husband was diagnosed with dry eyes and was given artificial tears. His right cornea continued to be red and a couple of weeks ago, his upper, right eyelid became red and swollen. I looked inside, underneath the eyelid with a mini flashlight and found a small (3/16th inch), round sore on the inside wall of the upper eyelid not on the edge but toward the outside center of the lid. It is not a bump, as in a stye, but looks more like an ulcer. He has been under a great deal of stress for a prolonged period of time. What might this be and how can I treat this at home preferably?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. JP replied 7 years ago.

This could be a chalazion from a blocked meibomian gland. Always consider a squamous cell carcinoma but fairly rare. Also rare would be a sebaceous gland carcinoma. I recommend an ophthalmology examination as this could be something serious. I think you'll be more comfortable knowing what this is.



Expert:  Dr. JP replied 7 years ago.
Is there anything I can still help with?