Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My eyelid would first swell a little then a reddness would

Customer Question
occur around the entire eyelids...
my eyelid would first swell a little then a reddness would occur around the entire eyelids then a day later my eyes would water and be supper sensitive to light with a burning sensation. This would begin on a Wed. and clear up on Monday or Tuesday... Wed the cycle begins again. This has been going on for 5 weeks. I have been taking Zyrtec allergy pills and eye drops, but don't seem to be working. What can I do? Went to an urgent care and the doc was going to give me some oral cream Lioix, sorry can't read his writting, supposedly it could thin the skin around my eyes and I opped not to take, and then he perscribe Gemtamiun opth..foinfrtin?..spelling is bad. And tobmax plx drops optm, spelling again.... and lastly singular....He seemed very woodstocky to me so i am not sure these are appropiate for my condition.... what do you think?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
4/4/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you have inflammation and irritation of the eyelids due to infection of the eyelids called blepharitis. If you have some eye allergy, that can make it more irritating and worse. So, it is possible that you have additional ocular allergy problem. To resolve this, I suggest that you perform eyelid hygiene with 50% dilute baby shampoo on Q-tip, then scrub and clean and apply warm compresses twice daily, use preservative free tear drops such as Refresh drop 4 times daily, use Lotemax drop (prescribed by your eye doctor) twice for 2 weeks or over the counter Zaditor drop twice daily for 2 weeks, then as needed, and then use oral doxycycline 100mg twice daily for 14 days (prescribed by your doctor). If this fails to resolve in 2 weeks, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist