Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

Hi. I got out of the shower today and noticed that my left

Hi. I got out of the shower today and noticed that my left eye while viewing things through it things looked slightly hazy/foggy/cloudy but vision was still clear. So vision was clear out of my left eye but yet hazy. What might be the cause(s) of this? Thank you in advance.

You need to get your eyes checked as this could be due to many reasons. Blurriness could be due to a refractive error, uveitis, dryness, macular pathology, diabetic retinopathy etc. An examination is important for an accurate diagnosis. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be welcomed.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Greetings again. The left eye was not blurry. Images were sharp but the vision out of my left eye looked foggy and cloudy and hazy, but not blurry. If you understand what I mean. Similar to if you are driving a car in very light fog, the vision was this way.

But now 4 or 5 hours later after being at my parents home the cloudy/foggy vision in my left eye has cleared up and seeing out of the left eye is ok now.

What may have caused this temporary cloudiness out of my left eye, so that I can know more about what it is in case it happens again?

Thank you again in advance

Temporary fogginess is most likely to be due to dryness in eyes. You should use a lubricating drop like Refresh Tears. If it happens again and lubricating drop does not help then you should see an ophthalmologist for detailed evaluation. There is also a possibility that the eye pressure was raised at that time causing fogginess though other signs like seeing coloured haloes and pain may also be present. Yet another possibility is amaurosis fugax. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Edited by Dr.S Riaz on 4/4/2010 at 9:13 AM EST