How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. James Your Own Question
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2286
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

brain..floater in his eye, it is there all of the time..eyelid..eyes

Resolved Question:

My partner has a motorcycle accident recently which caused a bleed to the brain, he is now recovering but has been left with what he calls a floater in his eye, it is there all of the time and affects him worse with any eye movement. He describes it as being a bit like a cat having an inner eyelid. It is very distressing and the only rime he gets any relief from it is if he lies down with hes eyes shut, which as you can imagine is not really possible 24/7. He has seen his doctor who told him to se an optician which he did but they could not do all of the tests, mainly the pressure test as his eyes were too under pressure for them to attempt it. MY question is - is there anything we can do at home or should we go to the eye hospital to get them to check it. We have at least a two week wait before we see the doctor again and he could be referred for the eye clinic, I dont think he will be able to function at all by that time what should we do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 7 years ago.

The eyes are connected with the brain. Sometimes bleeding around the brain can also result in bleeding in the eyes as well. This condition is also called Terson Syndrome. If he is seeing these floaters and has had a brain bleed, it is important for him to see an ophthalmologist to make sure that the eyes are OK. The floater will improve over time, but it make take weeks to months.

He should go to the eye hospital.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Dr. James and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you

Related Eye Questions