Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Is Avastin or Lucentis useful in treating vitelliform

Customer Question
macular dystrophy?...
Is Avastin or Lucentis useful in treating vitelliform macular dystrophy?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
4/2/2010
Eye Doctor: Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Just Answer:

If the Vitelliform macular dystrophy is associated with the development of abnormal or potential bleeding vessels called choriodal neovascularization (CNV), then Avastin or lucentis would be very beneficial in blocking the development of these CNV and hence protect further loss of eye sight, and possibly improve vision. The important determining is whether the patient have developed choroidal neovascularization in the macular due to the vitelliform macular dystrophy. In the absence of CNV no study has shown that it is beneficial.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist